Parenting and the Internet
The Guide for Raising Your Child
to Be Smarter and Safer Online
Is the Internet a part of your child's life? Parents need to be involved with what their child does online. Everyone, from online novice to online expert, can use this book to help a child master the tools of the Internet safely and without fear.
- You will find out
- Why you need to manage your child's online experience
- Important online issues for parents
- How to use the Internet to help your child academically
- How to enjoy being online with your child
- This book contains
- Advice on how to avoid online threats and improve online safety
- Sample Internet agreements you can use with your child
- Advice on how to use search engines and other online services
- Links to over 200 free information resources
- Links to free software that will help your family
Your judgment as a parent is a key part of your child's success. Parenting and the Internet is a guide to teach your child to be confident and successful online.
Want to Know More?
Many of the ideas and advice in the book, as well as additional information about online resources that have become popular since the book was published, are in several web sites associated with Speedbrake Publishing. One site if note is AirSafe-Media.com, which covers issues related to online marketing, and the Parenting and the Internet blog. Recent articles from both are below.
The AirSafe Media site is focused on web site development, with an emphasis on the tools, procedures, and techniques that have gone into the production of a number os sites, including Speedbrake.com:
The Parenting and the Internet blog covers some issues that were covered in the book, as well as areas such as Twitter which have become very popular since the books publication. Several recent articles follow:
This site is supported in part by Orchid Recovery Center
Top 10 TipsAvoiding Online Predators
Check out the Parenting and the Internet podcast for more about the book and the author.
Visit the book's blog site for book updates and news items of interest.
For the Media
Interested in reviewing the book or interviewing the author? Contact us today.